Our cat Belle


I decided I couldn't stay away from here, and thought I should tell about our cat Belle.
As many of you know, I love cats, and Jeff loves dogs. I begged for a cat for MONTHS, his answer was always 'no'. But then I thought, you know a cat is technically better than a baby at this point. And I challenged him and begged again. I won to say the least.

I then saw on Facebook, Mandy Shaw (now Ipson's) pictures of kittens and pretty much said there is our new kitten! I was completely ecstatic. We set up a time to go look at the kittens. Jeff kept saying we were only looking, but I knew we were going to get one. So I gave him my best sad face and he obliged. He picked her out because she was the most rambunctious one, the one most like me.
About a week or so later I brought over a collar for her with a little bell on it so she could get use to it before we got her. The Shaw's said she would always climb out of the room over the fence and you could hear her from her little bell, so they nicknamed her Tinkerbell. We couldn't settle on a name, but when we thought Belle, it just stuck.

We brought her home and she slept for days and was so tired from the drive home. Now she is a crazy kitten, almost 6 months old, always running around and attacking our legs when we walk by. She loves her half and half I give her for treats and her wet food, she is very spoiled. When she is out of her element she gets a bit scared and tends to hiss at new people. She has even hissed at a wall before. ^_^ Pretty much the funniest thing you could ever see.

Now on Monday we are getting her fixed, and chipped, and getting her nails cut under anesthesia (she really hates her nails being cut). Poor thing will have to wear a cone because I know she will try to mess with her stitches, she is too much like me. I honestly will be happy for her to just be tired, maybe then she will cuddle with me. She usually cuddles with Jeff and sleeps curled up at his side. She only comes to me when I have food or milk, she certainly sounds like a baby now that I think of it.

Belle also is my companion cat, she helps with my anxiety that I get from time to time. And she definitely helps out with my wanting something to smother with motherly instincts and to nurture. Oh, and her new thing that she likes to do is jump on the rocking chair and make it rock really fast and ride it, then jump off. She is a very funny cat.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My troubles with finding friends

The beginning of a new life

New Member of the Family